It is every woman’s dream to have a satin-smooth flawless skin and an hour-glass figure. Unfortunately there are times when you may have the figure, but cellulite lurks beneath your clothes.
Cellulite is a special type of fat tissue caused by toxic wastes, which the body has failed to get rid of. Women are unfortunate enough to have these cellulite deposits on their thighs and buttocks. In men cellulite deposits are seen on the neck and abdomen.
Factors responsible for cellulite formation
GENES: Cellulite is hereditary and most girls develop cellulite deposits during early adolescence. The only positive point is that the girls of today have the grit and the will to fight this problem handed down by their parents.
MEDICATION: Almost any type of medication that can throw the normal body metabolism out of whack can result in a build-up of toxins.
LIFESTYLE: A sedentary lifestyle, which almost the entire nation is guilty of in this mechanical age, can aid in cellulite springing up.
DIET: Excess of alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and spicy and fried food as well as the fast-food, which is the craze of the new generation, can trap these toxins under the skin. Insufficient intake of water, which could help to flush out these toxins, only adds to the problem.
STRESS: Tension causes tissues to contract and this blocks toxins from leaving the body. Traumatic injuries or experiences that play havoc with the circulatory system are also a cause for cellulite.
Fighting the funny flab
Most treatments for cellulite are only skin deep, which means they do not get to the root of the problem and hence the result is temporary. The most common methods used in the treatment of those betraying pockets of flab are:
- CREAMS, LOTIONS and SCRUBS: These work on the surface and so treatment has to be continuous.
- ENDERMOLOGIE: This is a massage machine developed by the French. The person dons a stocking and gets into this machine and it pummels you in areas abundant in cellulite. The machine helps to break down fatty tissue, water deposits and toxins and lets the body drain it.
- BODY WRAPS: The person is smeared with a mixture of mineral salt and clay paste and then wrapped in bandages pre-soaked in mineral salts and clay. It works on the theory of exfoliation- getting rid of old skin and detoxifying the body.
- LIPOSUCTION: This is a body vacuuming technique. It is guaranteed to take off inches of fat.
- DISCIPLINE: The only cent percent effective remedy, cure and prevention of cellulite are exercise and a balanced diet.
Here are a few helpful hints for fighting cellulite deposit:
- Massage a mixture of baby oil and sugar onto the problem area before you shower.
- Get an ordinary massage on a regular basis and shower in cold water to stimulate circulation.
- Regular dry skin brushing also helps.